Tuesday 5 August 2014

In the hotseat

30/07/14

Today at school the year 6 Tamil teacher asked if her class could interview me with some questions about England. When I sat in the hotseat, the children approached me one by one with fear in their eyes as if I were some kind of ravenous monster, and nervously whispered their questions to me. One of the strange ones was "What is your national bird?", to which I answered "err.. Pigeon?" (that one flew straight over their heads.)
One child asked what mountains we have and I couldn't remember a single one, how embarassing! To the question "what festivals do you have?" I struggled to think of anything other than easter and Christmas. Overall they must have thought I had a very strange lack of knowledge about my own country. I made up for this next lesson by taking in some photos I'd found on my phone of famous London sights.

Note to self: brush up on being British.

No comments:

Post a Comment